Cary Three-Season Room Addition and Re-Decking Project Replaces Southern Heat with Southern Relaxation
Archadeck of Raleigh-Durham provides outdoor solutions for every backyard shape and size. This lovely Cary property sits on a steep incline and has few shade-providing trees. The only flat space for outdoor use was the deck, but the heat of the sun made it uncomfortable. Our custom solution included re-surfacing the large deck with TimberTech Terrain synthetic decking and adding a large Eze-Breeze three-season room.
Custom Design Solutions to Fit Your Needs and Your Taste
Our first step in renovating the backyard of this Cary home was to re-surface the existing deck with new TimberTech Terrain composite decking in Brown oak with Rustic Elm trim. Not only does the composite decking provide an updated look, but it will also withstand the sun better than pressure-treated wood. Re-decking allows the family to enjoy a new low-maintenance deck at a lower cost than a full deck replacement since we were able to utilize the existing substructure.
Functional Solutions Provide Multiple Benefits
Next, we added the popular Eze-Breeze three-season room for UV protection. With Eze-Breeze windows, the family can easily open the window vents for maximum airflow on nice days or close them when pollen is heavy or there is inclement weather. The porch will provide UV protection no matter the time of day, and will also prevent annoying bugs, cold breezes, and rain from chasing the family indoors.
Design Details for Added Comfort & Unique Requirements
We fulfilled the homeowner’s special requests to make the porch more inviting with the following design details.
- We softened the brick of the home’s exterior, inside the porch, by using the same beadboard we used on the ceiling.
- We added skylights to brighten the space and make it feel airier and more open.
- We tiled the floor with Tibor Stone Avorio porcelain 12″ × 24″ tiles with Chamois grout in a staggered pattern. The tile is a perfect way to make the outdoor room feel as comfortable as the indoors while still being very easy to clean.
- We matched the porch and deck Fortress railings in Black Sand with a Rustic Elm rail cap for a cohesive look.
- We added two ceiling fans for additional cooling and airflow in extra warm weather.
- We installed a Larson Screen Away door (in white to match the house trim) for moving between the porch and deck areas.
With professional design skills focused on meeting client needs and the highest standards in custom building, we are proud to transform backyards across Raleigh-Durham and the Greater Triangle with outdoor living spaces they can enjoy for years to come.
Please visit the project gallery for even more details about this project and to get inspiration for your own outdoor living space. You can also call us at 919-973-1523 – we look forward to working with you!